III.Preservice Personnel Development
Quality Indicator 5: Institution of higher education (IHE) programs and curricula across disciplines are aligned with both national professional organization personnel standards and state personnel standards.
Quality Indicator 6: Institution of higher education programs and curricula address early childhood development and discipline specific pedagogy.
|Discipline||Degree Level Requirement||Programs in Kansas|
Early Childhood &Early Childhood Special Educator (ECU)
|Deaf / Hearing Impaired Teacher||Bachelors||0 (TASN / Valdosta)|
|Vision Specialist||Bachelors||0 (TASN / TX Tech & U of NE)|
|Social Worker||Bachelors or Masters||8|
|School Psychologist||Masters or Ed Specialist||5|
|Speech Language Pathologist||Masters||4|
|Occupational Therapist||Masters or Doctorate||1|
|Physical Therapist||Masters or Doctorate||3|
|Family Therapist||Masters or Doctorate||2|
|Leadership (Building)||Masters or Doctorate||12|
|Leadership (District)||Masters or Doctorate||9|
Approved Higher Education Programs in Kansas
Early Childhood Unified Higher Education Programs
Emporia State University (masters)
Speech and Language Therapy Higher Education Programs
Occupational Therapy Higher Education Program
Physical Therapy Higher Education Programs
Audiology Higher Education Programs
Social Work Higher Education Programs
Family Therapy Education Programs
Kansas State University (MS) and (PhD)
School Psychology Higher Education Programs
Clinical Psychology Higher Education Programs
Dietitian Higher Education Programs
Nursing Higher Education Programs
Administration: Building Leadership
Administration: District Leadership
The Early Childhood Higher-education Options (ECHO) Consortium
The ECHO Consortium
- Is a collaborative effort of Early Childhood Faculty to address the early childhood unified licensure in Kansas.
- Promotes levels of involvement and participation of individual college/university early childhood preservice education programs for delivery of professional development courses across Kansas colleges/universities.
- Is meeting the goals of Kansas State Department of Education – Early Childhood Supplement to the State Improvement Grant.
- Is an effort to address the high demand of educators for young children.
- Supports the delivery of preservice programs by individual colleges/universities.
- Provides a forum for collaboratively developing courses to support statewide accessibility.
Visit ECHO for downloadable supporting documents http://echo.lsi.ku.edu/supporting-documents